





Saturday was Joshua's 12 birthday - and it was a doosy. It worked out that most of his favorite activities were happening Friday and Saturday.
Friday afternoon we headed up Hobble Creek Canyon for the ward campout. It was a lot of fun with the smores and everything, but we froze our butts off in the tent. Just as we were settling into our sleeping bags, at almost 1:00A, we heard a yell from the little girls tent - "I have a wedgie! And I need to go to the bathroom!" Probably more information than needed to be screamed through the silent campground, but I got up to take care of business and lots of people got a good laugh. We broke camp early and, after a big breakfast at the campground, we were on our way home.
At 11:00A, Saturday morning, Joshua had to be at the football field for his game. He was excited because he had new cool football gloves and a sweet waterbottle. His team won, which made life good. I especially like the shot of Joshua on the offensive line. The big-eyed look on the kids face next to him is priceless. "Holy crap - that guy is going to crush me!"
BYU vs UCLA was scheduled to kick off in Provo at 1:30P. We pulled into town around 1:40 and had to park across from the MTC. As we got out of the car Joshua said, "I thought we were going to a football game, not on a mission." We actually stood about 10 rows from the field at close to the 50 yard line to watch the game (never even made it to our seats). Perfect place to watch the action from just behind the Cougar sideline. BYU embarassed the Bruins and we loved every minute of it. Cosmo came over at halftime to give Josh a noogie. By the end of the 3rd quarter BYU was up 59-0, the starters were sipping chilled beverages from the sidelines and we headed out.
Back at home with the family - he opened a couple presents and we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Sounds like a pretty awesome birthday - camping, football and food. . .
3 comments:
I was going to make a post on Joshua's birthday but you just saved me the time. I'll just put a link to your blog. By the way...shouldn't you be working?
Sounds like a great Birthday!! I can't believe he is 12!!
How fun! That BYU game was amazing. That sounds like a pretty cool birthday. And, sadly, this made me remember I forgot to call Jeremy and wish him a happy birthday on Friday! Uh oh...
Post a Comment