August 28, 2008

Josh the Jock




Joshua wanted to be a Seahawk, but was drafted by the Bengals for his first tackle football league experience. His first real game was fun yesterday - even though they got whooped by an 'accelerated' team.
Joshua played offensive line and a little defensive end. The team was laughing in the half-time huddle because apparently a big guy on the other team stepped up to the line of scrimmage and tried to intimidate Joshua saying he was going to get him. Josh looked up and said, "Oh, shut up."
He made a couple impressive tackles in the second half and told me after the game that he likes tackling better than pulling flags. He and I have season tickets to BYU football this year and their home opener is this Saturday - so we're getting ready for a little football. Fall season rules. . .

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I like how you wrote "a little defensive end". We both know there is nothing little about his 'defensive end' lol Just don't post any pictures of him getting sacked and I'll be fine. I don't want to have to go down to the sports park and tell them to be nice to my little boy! I'm glad Joshua has a sporty dad to teach him the cool guy stuff. When you aren't home he rides with me to practices and I play mamma mia and hairspray soundtracks. (which I'm pretty sure he knows some of the words to.) He is definitely going to be well rounded. Have a great day at work!

Lindsay Marchant said...

Wow, your wife was right! You DO take awesome pictures. I can just imagine Josh saying that to the big fat kid. I am jealous that you have season football tickets. Of course I would prefer them to be for Oregon, not BYU. It is impossible to get tickets around here!! Our season opener is on Saturday (my birthday) too. I am so excited. There is no better way to spend a b-day than a bbq and football game right?? haha. I am sure girls everywhere think I am nuts!

Roxy said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOSH!!!

The pictures are amazing!

MarkandMaren said...

Great pics! GO COUGS!!! It looks like Josh is enjoying football, even though "foosball is the debil!"